If you have spent any time in America you will be fully aware of the events that surround Thanks Giving and one of the most shop-aholic days of the year. Black Friday is said to indicate the start of the holiday season and with this comes many sales and offers in the shops.
Black Friday was traditionally an early morning dash to the shops to get the best deals that you possibly can, but in recent years the opening times of shops have changed and there is the chance that stores in your area might be opening their doors on the evening of Thanks Giving. This will mean that it will spread the visitors to the shops and it might stop some of the problems that have been associated with this day.
The trend for Black Friday is migrating too, it used to be something that just happened in America but some other countries are too trying to join in.
The last few years there has been an increase in the amount of advertising and trying to push the date in England. We don’t understand the concepts of the day or understand the purpose because we don’t celebrate Thanks Giving.
Understanding Black Friday
But understanding is more about having another great shopping experience it is about what the day actually means.
- Black Friday isn’t a federal holiday but it is often grouped together with Thanks Giving and the weekend to give an extended holiday period before the Christmas season begins.
- Cyber Monday is now building speed. The Monday following Black Friday is quickly becoming known as Cyber Monday and is the start of the crazy on-line holiday season, it is a great way to get the deals that they might have missed out on in the mad rush on Black Friday.
- The colour black has been used on many different occasions to describe different days and they are normally days that something bad has happened. Like the crash of the financial markets on Black Monday 19th October 1987, Black Tuesday 29 October 1929, and the Black Friday market crash on September 24th 1869. The only explanation for the colour is many shops have indicated that this is the time of the year that shops start to make money and they are no longer in accounting terms in the red, and is one of the reasons that it is called Black Friday.
- It is always the first Friday after Thanks Giving, which is always the fourth Thursday of November. It is unclear as to when the tradition was first started because the Pilgrims ate a Thanks Giving meal and had a few days of feasting but also President Lincoln declared that there should be a day of Thanks Giving during the civil war of 1863.
- There are more fires relating to cooking on Thanks Giving than any other day of the year. The health and well-being of your family should come before cooking your dinner.
Black Friday plan
What you must remember if you are going to go out spending on Black Friday that you need to be prepared. There are going to be a lot of people out shopping on this day and if you are prepared to go out and search for a bargain it is a good idea to have a budget and a plan what you are looking for.
Working out how you are going to pay for any item is vital; it means that you have thought about the item in question, you have worked out the maximum that you are willing to pay for the item. You are going into the throng of shoppers prepared.
It is not a good idea to go shopping on days like these without a plan, it can mean that you are lead into temptation for an item that you might not want or even need.
- Make a plan
- Make a budget
- Have fun
It is going to be an experience that you might wish you had missed if this is the case then it might be better to join the trend of Cyber Monday instead.
Causing financial hardship is not something that you should be considering even if it is the most sort after item this year. You need to consider the merits of purchasing each item that you are considering and only placing that item in the must have category because it will benefit your life in some way. If you are looking at making money and you have seen the item that you have been looking for and you know that it is something that you have been considering and you can get the item at a good price then you might need to consider braving the elements and the crowds to get this item. But be warned there is potential for serious damage to your person at some of the shopping centres that you might visit and you need to take all the areas under consideration before you take the plunge.
Black Friday caution
There are reports every year of personal injury of one form or another on Black Friday. The crowds can be very large and the usual calm seems to get left at home, it is like a fight to the death just over an item, it might be cheaper and you might think that it is worth the trouble, just make sure you have thought the product through and it is what you need and want.